A beautifully restored 1,900-seat performance venue, this majestic hall is one of the gems of Portland’s downtown Arts District and close to plenty of restaurants to grab a bite before the show.
Merrill Auditorium is owned and operated by the City of Portland.
20 Myrtle Street
Portland, ME 04101
20 Myrtle Street, Portland ME
From I-295 North or Southbound
- Take exit 7 (Franklin Street)
- Once on Franklin Street, go to the fourth traffic light and turn right onto Congress Street
- Myrtle Street is the 2nd street on the right
- From Congress St, the entrance to the Auditorium is on the left
From Northern New Hampshire and Western Maine
- Take US-302 into Portland. US-302 turns into Forest Avenue
- Continue on Forest Avenue until it ends at the intersection with Congress Street
- Turn left onto Congress Street and continue until you see City Hall on the left side of the street
- Turn left onto Myrtle Street immediately after City Hall
The entrance to Merrill Auditorium is about one fourth of the way down Myrtle Street, on the left side. The box office is located just inside the main entrance. If you are attending an event at the Rehearsal Hall, you’ll need to enter by a different door farther towards the bottom of Myrtle Street.
- Top of the Old Port, an open-air parking lot on Pearl Street. (207) 871-1080
- Elm Street Parking Garage, an hourly fee parking lot. (207) 871-1106
- Temple Street Parking Garage (207) 772-5762
- Arts District Garage – Corner of Brown Street and Cumberland Street
PortTIX is not associated with any parking company and can’t provide information on their rates or policies. Please check price and closing times before entering any garage or lot.
Accessible parking for patrons with disability permits is available on both sides of Myrtle Street and on Congress Street in front of City Hall. Parking spaces are in high demand in Portland. To avoid disappointment, please allow sufficient time before the start of a show to find a parking space.